What is the FSE Certification?
The Forensic Scheduling Expert (FSE) is an expert level certification that can help individuals receive recognition for their skill in forensic scheduling, which involves keeping construction projects on deadline as well as successfully resolving disputes involving project delays. The certification can help employees earn senior level positions within their companies. The FSE certification will emphasize that those who have it are experts in more advanced areas of forensic scheduling. For example, FSEs have advanced knowledge in preparing expert witness reports to aid in disputes, and also are able to manage the complexities surrounding the financial effects of delays. FSEs who progress to senior levels may have the responsibility of presenting analysis findings to project stakeholders and directing and leading those at professional level.
Why Should You Choose the FSE?
The FSE is an excellent certification to obtain If you have worked in the area of forensic schedule analysis before but lack the standard skills expected for senior level roles. This certification offers a way to continue your professional development to advance your career. The FSE could help you obtain a senior level position, which offers excellent benefits. Not only will you be able to be significantly more involved in your company and tackle new challenges, you will also receive a higher salary. Progression within a business will also allow you to show that you are hardworking and are always striving for personal development. With a senior level role and a FSE certification, you will be eligible to complete the Forensic Scheduling Master certification, which could help you obtaining a president or vice president position within your company.
Why Are Businesses Looking for FSEs?Organizations look for FSEs because their certification guarantees that they have the expert level of skills to help them mitigate company losses associated with scheduling delays. Forensic scheduling analysts are able to recommend scheduling methods which are both cost effective and suitable for the size of a dispute. They are in high demand and very valuable to businesses. CMI’s FSE certification also helps individuals stand out from the competition.
How to Get the FSE Certification
The FSE certification process starts with an online program, offered either through CMI. After coursework is completed, students must apply to take an exam with CMI. If they pass with a score of 50 percent and above, they will earn their FSE and boost their professional profile.
- The FSE examinations will be open book, which means you will be able to bring some resources into the exam. The exams assess how well you apply your practical knowledge to examples that you could face on the job. In that way, the exams are less focused on academic ability but rather how successfully you will handle real-life situations. The exams include four questions based on the four areas of study included in the FSE program.
The program is different to many of the academic program out there. It is a professional practice-based program offered online. This is thought be one of the best ways to learn as it prepares you to real life professional working. In terms of who teaches the program, they are qualified experts with a number of years experience. Below are the 4 courses that make up the contents of the program.
To prepare you for the examination, you will learn 4 different courses.
Who Should Apply?
- Three years of industry related experience along with a relevant college/university degree; or
- A FSP certification with one year of post-qualification experience; and.
- Adherence to CMI’s Ethics in Construction Management
With regards to payment, you have two options. You can pay the full amount in one lump sum payment or by our monthly direct debit payment plan. Please see below for fees:
- Total fee - $1,990.00 ($397.00 savings than monthly payment plan); or
- Monthly direct debit plan - Upfront fee of $341 and a monthly direct debit of $341 for 6 consecutive months (from Month 1 to Month 6 – total 6 payments) $2,387 in total over 7 months.
Additional Information and FAQs
Your FSE certification is valid for three years, and can be renewed every three years by taking a CEU (Continuing Education Unit).
- • The enrolment of the program and exam is valid for maximum of 3 years from the first payment made, the program must be completed in this time period.
- • Applying for regular membership once you have passed the exam is compulsory to receive the certificate.
Frequently Asked Questions
How long is the program? The duration of the program will be 6 months. This will include live lectures, but you will be required to complete some independent study also. Can I follow the program if I work full-time? Yes, the program is flexible and offered through live online lectures. The lecture will be scheduled at weekends, this means you can take the program and work full-time. If you miss any of the live lectures you can catch up the following day as lectures will be uploaded on our LMS (study portal). How is the program delivered? The program is delivered through live online lectures and a study portal with lecture slides and supplementary materials. You can access the program from anywhere in the world if you have internet access along with a computer or a tablet. You will be able to ask your lecturer questions by voice or chat during the lecture or afterwards. How do I apply? You can apply online in as little as three minutes, and will be enrolled as soon as your Program Manager has reviewed your application and the payment is received. You will be required to participate in an online ID Verification check before you take your exam, where your Program Manager will confirm your identity.